College Rep Visit
20 Questions to Ask a College Representative
Whether you meet them at a college fair or on a campus visit, college reps genuinely enjoy talking to high school students and answering questions about their college. The following questions will help start a good dialogue:
- What makes your college unique?
- What academic programs is your college most known for?
- How would you describe the kids that go there? Where do most of them come from?
- Where do kids hang out on campus?
- What happens on weekends—are there things to do on campus or in town, or do most kids go home?
- Are fraternities and sororities a big part of campus life?
- What are the housing options for freshmen?
- Do many students live off campus?
- Is there a sports complex or fitness center?
- What are the most popular clubs and activities?
- What’s the security like on campus?
- What’s the surrounding area like? Is it easy to get around?
- What are the most popular majors?
- How would you describe the academic pressure and workload?
- What support services are available (academic advisers, tutors, etc.)?
- Do I need to bring my own computer?
- What’s the faculty like? How accessible are they outside of class?
- Are there opportunities for internships?
- Is there job placement help for graduates?
- Are any big changes in the works that I should know about?